Cabbage is a leafy vegetable that is a staple in many soup dishes, as well as in coleslaw and vegetable salads. It is rich in fiber but is low on calories, making it a favorite food for dieters and those who want to lose weight fast. There is even a diet plan called The Cabbage Soup Diet that promises to lose 10 pounds of your excess fat for only a week.
Yes, you’ve heard it right, lose 10 pounds in a week by going on a Cabbage Soup Diet.
Sample of The Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
- 6 green onions
- 2 green peppers
- Fresh Tomatoes or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 pack of dry onion soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes Chicken/pork/beef bouillon/stock cubes ( optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste. You can also add garlic, curry, and other herbs in spices to add flavor to the soup.
Just sauté all vegetables except the cabbage in a large pot until tender. Add the cabbage and 12 cups of water. Then add all the remaining ingredients. You can have your own recipe by adding other spices and herbs in the mix to have a different version of cabbage soup the next day.
The Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
You have to take the Cabbage Soup Diet for 1 week in order to lose 10 pounds. You can have water or unsweetened green tea during your meals.
Below is an example of your daily meals schedule.
- Day 1 – Cabbage soup, fruits except banana
- Day 2 – Cabbage soup, any low calorie vegetables, a baked potato with a little butter
- Day 3 – Cabbage soup, a mix of vegetables and fruits ( except banana and potato)
- Day 4 – Cabbage soup, up to eight bananas, skimmed milk ( about 2 glasses)
- Day 5 – Cabbage soup, up to 10 ounces of beef, chicken or fish and six tomatoes
- Day 6 – Cabbage soup, beef, vegetables except potato
- Day 7 – Cabbage soup, brown rice, vegetables (except potatoes) and unsweetened fruit juice
Just take note that the Cabbage Soup Diet is a diet with low calories and almost no protein during some days. Some people who went for this diet felt a little weak due to lack of nourishment. The recipe for the soup also needs high amounts of sodium, so it might not be the right weight loss diet for people with heart and kidney ailments.
If you want to know more on How to Lose 5 pounds in a Week, browse our website for Weight Loss Exercises and other healthy tips for you to lose pounds fast, the healthy way.