This Greek Salad Recipe is so healthy, it can be used by weight watchers and those who want to lose weight fast. It is a refreshing salad that is good for meals or as a snack. It has been a favorite of the Greeks for a long time, and has become a favorite of millions of people around the world, especially those who want to lose weight.
Calories in Greek Salads are very low. Greek Salad calories per serving are just 106 calories or about 5% RDA. Greek Salads are also a good source of vitamins and minerals. The cheese fro the Greek Salad provides the much needed protein.
Ingredients of the Healthy Greek Salad Recipe
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper , cut into chunks
- 1 cup black olives
- about 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (1/4 pound) Feta Cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Simply mix all the vegetables, olives and parsley and cheese in a bowl. In a separate container, mix in all the liquid ingredients and salt and pepper. Mix the mixture over the salad.
The Greek Salad is also best served with hot Pita bread.
For those who want to Lose 5 pounds in a Week, might we suggest replacing you’re snacks with this healthy Greek Salad Recipe. It is rich in vitamins and nutrients, but is low on calories.
And for those who are hooked on the cucumber salads, might as well try on this healthy Greek Salad Recipe for added taste and nutrition.